The Traffic Education Program (TEP) is a statutorily mandated diversion/intervention program pursuant to S.C. Code Section 17-22-310, and provides the opportunity to have eligible tickets dismissed by the court and maintain good driving records. As a statutorily mandated program, TEP is available in at least one county in all 16 judicial Circuit Solicitors’ offices.
To be eligible for consideration in TEP, interested persons must answer NO to all of the following:
- Do you have a significant history of traffic offenses?
- Did the traffic offense result in death or serious bodily injury to another person?
- Did the traffic offense provide for jail time?
- Does the offender possess a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP)?
- Is the traffic offense punishable by more than 4 points?
For more information, contact the Circuit Director of Diversion Programs in the relevant circuit.