The SCCPC provides the 16 Circuit Solicitors’ offices with programmatic, administrative, technical, and legal support. Below is a list of some of the services the SCCPC provides to the 16 Circuit Solicitors’ offices.
– Support and coordinate South Carolina’s diversion programs.
– Lead efforts to build uniformity, identify and address issues, and increase participation in South Carolina’s diversion programs.
– Build public awareness of South Carolina’s diversion programs.
– Provide the Offices of Solicitor with ongoing and timely legal support and updates.
– Monitor, review, and analyze legislation, changes to state court rules, and state and federal court decisions.
– As appropriate, act as amicus curiae in matters before the South Carolina appellate courts.
– Through the Commission’s Traffic Safety Resource Prosecutor Program, provide DUI training support for sheriffs and municipal police agencies statewide.
– Distribute loan forgiveness awards through the John R. Justice Student Loan Forgiveness Program.
– Serve on criminal justice related councils and task forces.